selfie beautiful lady woman white sunglasses phone

We've all heard the saying 'do it for the 'gram', and we're all guilty of doing exactly that. When it comes to travel, there are so many opportunities to take photos and write envy-inducing captions that it turns out we spend a good chunk of our 'vacation' staring at our screens.

According to a study by Expedia, a quarter of the 2, 000 respondents surveyed said they pay more attention to social media while they travel than when they're at home. And yet, 44% percent of them felt that social media ruined their holiday experience in some way. And to a degree they're right — it turns out the average person spends about nine hours of a weeklong vacation checking social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. 

And the need to post that perfect picture is real — 10 percent of people admitted to taking up to 15 photos of one pose to make sure they get it just right. As for the other 90 percent? Well, we're pretty sure the take more than that. #noshame