A tourist visiting England for the first time will typically migrate towards London — and although its capital city is superb, there's so many other great places that are bypassed by those visiting.
Instagram data tool, Magi Metrics looked at a range of hashtags for specific locations in the UK and made a list of the 15 most popular locations based on over 300,000 posts. At the top of their list, Lincolnshire's Cleethorpes Beach, adored for its picturesque scenery and beautiful promenade. Next was Scotland's magical castle in Edinburgh, and third on the list was Northern Ireland's Giant’s Causeway.
You can check out the full list below, or to find out more about each spot, you can visit the Magi Metrics site.
1. Cleethorpes Beach, Lincolnshire, England
2. Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh, Scotland
3. Giant’s Causeway, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
4. Durdle Door, Dorset, England
5. Eilean Donan Castle, Highland, Scotland
6. Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh, Scotland
7. Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England
8. Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, England
9. Snowdonia, Gwynedd, Wales
10. Loch Ness, Highland, Scotland